Sunday, March 21, 2010
Blood, sweat, tears...and more tears
For any of you who have not gone through the process of buying a home, let me tell you that the title of my post is fitting. Rusty and I have been looking for a house since we moved back to Oregon in January. We put offers on 10 houses, had a realtor secretly sell the house that we wanted to someone else, had a realtor set up a time to sign a contract with us then take all of Rusty's renovation ideas and buy the house himself for a rental, had a house sell for $15,000 over the asking price, and finally found the house we loved! It's just under 1200 sq ft, on almost a quarter acre lot, next to the best elementary school in town and next to a park. AND it was bank owned, so we could get it at a great price. So we got everything in order and made our offer and it was accepted! As we were signing the final papers our realtor found a clause in the contract that said the sale of the house is strictly prohibited to anyone who works for Wells Fargo....are you kidding me. Apparently the house is owned by Wachovia bank...who was bought out by Wells Fargo two weeks ago. I had started as a part time teller at Wells Fargo just three weeks earilier. So, we thought, we'll just have Rusty sign the papers and put my name on the house later...wrong. The sale is prohibited to anyone who works for Wells Fargo or (and I quote) "...is related to any employee in any way, including spouse, mother, father, brother, sister,grandmother, grandfather, aunts, uncles, cousins, step father, step mother, step brother, step sister, children, neices, nephews, etc." Great. So, I talked to my boss at the bank, who talked to the regional HR rep, who talked to some uppity-up and the word came back...quit or withdraw your offer on the house. So...I quit. I quit on Saturday, we signed the papers on Monday and we got the keys on Friday. And wouldn't ya know it, I got another job. So now I take care of an elderly woman a few days a week, making exactly the same pay as I did at the bank and I can take Avey with me. Heavenly Father knows what He's doing, people. So we need to do some work to the house and I'll be posting some 'before' pics as soon as Avey wakes up and I can get my camera cords out of the room...never wake a sleeping baby. So that's what is new in our world...what's new in yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that is so great that you guys got a house and it sounds like god is really watching out for you! good luck with the new place I cant wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on closing on your house...what a BIG step! It sounds like things are going well for you guys! We are doing well. Trying to close on the sale of our house actually. And trying to get plans nailed down for the summer and the new baby and everything...life is pretty crazy and stressful at times, but we are happy and doing well! I am so excited for you and your house!! Can't wait to see the pictures!
ReplyDelete