In other news, Avey is has been officially potty trained! We decided to get it done with before baby came so we started the first part of February and she picked it up really fast, which was awesome. It's so nice to only have one kid in diapers. We're also looking forward to Avey's birthday in a few weeks, a visit from Rusty's parents, a visit from Ash and some spring weather...hopefully.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Massive Catch-Up
Well, I sure have a lot to post about, so we'll start with the most exciting news first...she's here!!!!Andie Kaye was born Feb.18th at 3:19pm. She was 7lbs 13oz and 20in long.
On that morning I woke up because I had lost some water, which made me nervous. I wasn't feeling any contractions or anything, but losing liquid just made me nervous. So we decided just to go into the hospital and make sure everything was ok. They did an ultrasound and baby looked good, so they decided to check me and I was dilated to a 6. They decided to hook me up to the monitors and I was showing contractions every 3-5 minutes, but I still wasn't really feeling anything. So they just watched me for a while and checked me again and I was dilating more, so they decided to break my water. They broke it at around 1pm and then I could finally feel the contractions. They were getting pretty intense and so I figured I'd have them get the epidural ready just in case I wanted it. Finally I asked for the epidural and they checked me to make sure we had enough time left before I had to push and I was still dilated to a 7, so they brought in the huge needle. They had me sit up and I started feeling like I was ready to push but they said I was only a 7 so I couldn't push yet. So they had me sit really still (don't ever ask a woman in labor to sit really still...I don't think it's possible). So they got the needle in my back, but no drugs in and I told them I had to push no matter what they said, so they took the needle out and laid me back down to check me and I was a 10 and ready to push. So my doc hurried and suited up and came rushing in just in time to catch her. Rusty had talked to my doctor about suiting up and helping deliver, which would have been awesome, but we ran out of time. So I got the needle for the epidural, but no drugs and ended up doing it natural anyway...which was an interesting experience. I wish there was some way to describe what it feels like, but there isn't....and I'll just leave it at that.
With Avey they had to take her and clean out her lungs, so they didn't lay her on me right when she was born, which was a bummer. Luckily I got to hold Andie right after she was born and it was awesome.
Avey is doing really great with Andie. When she came to see us at the hospital she wanted to feed her graham crackers and wanted to spin her on the stool...what a good big sis.
Dan is our honorary godfather. He found out we had baby and drove up here from Provo after work that night. He could only stay for a couple of days, but it was SO awesome to have him here. We miss him so much.
As you can probably tell from the pictures, Andie has jaundice. We have blood incompatibility and some of our blood mingled somehow, so we've been taking her to the hospital every day to get her blood checked. She has a little tanning bed of lights at home that she has to stay under all day unless she's eating...it's terrible. I feel like I haven't had any time to hold my baby and she's already a week old! We thought she was going to be done with the lights yesterday, but the biliruben levels in her blood are still a little bit too high, so we get tested again on Monday...keep your fingers crossed.
We also got some snow and it was really one of the first times Avey has been out in it...and of course she LOVED it!!!
Rusty was able to take this whole week off, which has been amazing. He and Avey decided to play a game where they brought all of her stuffed animals out of her bedroom and Rusty would sit on the couch and throw them at her while she ran around the room and down the hall. It was pretty entertaining. So, these pics are of us on the pile of ammo at the end of the hall.
In other news, Avey is has been officially potty trained! We decided to get it done with before baby came so we started the first part of February and she picked it up really fast, which was awesome. It's so nice to only have one kid in diapers. We're also looking forward to Avey's birthday in a few weeks, a visit from Rusty's parents, a visit from Ash and some spring weather...hopefully.
In other news, Avey is has been officially potty trained! We decided to get it done with before baby came so we started the first part of February and she picked it up really fast, which was awesome. It's so nice to only have one kid in diapers. We're also looking forward to Avey's birthday in a few weeks, a visit from Rusty's parents, a visit from Ash and some spring weather...hopefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on the baby whit! She is gorgeous, just like her Mama!!! I cannot believe how big Avey is! Wow. Well send me your email on facebook and I'll add you to my blog because I made it private now. Congrats again you two!
ReplyDeleteAndie is beautiful! Naomi was on the jaundice lights at home, too. She was on them for a week before she got to go off. I know it's hard. :( I hope you get to take her off the lights soon.
ReplyDeletecongrats she is adorable! how are you guys doing?
ReplyDeletecongrats on the new baby she is beautiful! you look great! How are you?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I hope little Andie gets better soon. She's a cutie! It must be so great to be living in Oregon again. I hope everything is going well. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteDude! All this time and you've gone and had two kids! Congratulations, they are adorable.
ReplyDelete