Monday, April 11, 2011

A blessing, a comparison and life

We had Andie's blessing this weekend. Rusty's parents were able to come out from Utah and since it was stake conference here we decided just to bless her at home. It was a really great experience. It was really nice to have our family in our home and to be able to change Andie out of the blessing dress right away instead of wearing it all through church. She is a little older than Avey was when we blessed her...and let's face it, she's a little chubbier, so we couldn't button the top button on the dress...but she still looked adorable. She really was happy and content during the blessing, just not during the pictures.Next is a little comparison...Avey did not look one bit like me when she was little, and still doesn't in fact. My mom sent me this picture of me when I was just about Andie's age...What do you think? Does she look like me? I see some differences, but she looks a whole lot more like me than Avey ever has. Me at 2 months...
Andie at 7 and 1/2 weeks... This picture just cracks me up because I think it just summarizes life with two kids...I was exercising while Avey found a bag of Cheetos and then decided it was necessary to push Andie's motorized swing for her...
We had a fun day at the park last week...one of my favorite things about this picture is Paige in the background. Paige and Avey can be the best of friends and the worst of enemies and judging from Paige's body language in this pic, I'm guessing she was ready to be enemies.
I got out of the shower one day and Avey told me that she had shared with Andie so I came out to the living room and found all of Avey's stuff in Andie's swing with her. The more I unwrapped the blanket, the more toys fell out on the floor
We decided to go on a family date night to a place called "Yo Wild" They have awesome frozen yogurt and toppings. You make your own cup and then weigh it and pay for it by the ounce.
Avey has a funny habit of falling asleep in random places lately...this was one of my favorites. Yes, that is her pink bathroom stool...


That's about all that's new in our lives....

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh...they are getting so big. Tell Andie to slow down a little so I can still see her when she is small. I love the pictures. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! Avey cracks me up, especially with how she poses in her sleep, ha! Congrats on the baby blessing!

    ReplyDelete