As Valentine's Day approached this year I found myself rummaging through piles of old pictures and love notes to find one of my most prized possessions...my very first valentine from Rusty. We had been dating for about a month and he had me help him make valentines for all 9 of his siblings and their kids (that ended up being roughing 40 valentines mind you). I thought it was adorable that he took time to hand make valentines for his siblings. I found it equally adorable that he absolutely could not (and cannot to this day) cut out a decent looking heart to save his life. I giggled quietly to myself for most of that evening and when he caught me laughing I had to admit the reason I was laughing. About a week later on Valentines Day I recieved this card from him. He kept the heart that I had laughed at the most and put it in this card for me to enjoy for years to come...and I have enjoyed it every year since then. I love so much about this card. If you can't read the inside, it says "I'm going to treat you like milk and do nothing but spoil you!" So, early in our dating experience I knew two things. 1. He loved me like a fat kid loves cake and 2. He wanted to treat me like milk. I was absolutely in love (although I hadn't told him that yet).
Our first Valentine's Day ever.
This year Rusty had Valentine's Day off and we made pink heart shaped pancakes for the girls for breakfast and gave them little chocolate hearts and Tinkerbell chapstick.
Then we went to a movie and dinner just the two of us.
We were sick and the service at the restaurant was terrible (although the food was delicious) but we were together and that is always lovely.
Happy Valentine's Day Tooty Tot! I love you so much more than you will probably ever know. Thanks for being the best hubby in the world and for making me want to be your Valentine forever with that card 5 years ago. I love you.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment