Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Training to Train

My sister and I signed up to run the Vegas half marathon that takes place in January. I printed off training schedules so I would know exactly what I would have to do to be ready. Then I actually went out and ran. Good golly. Turns out, it really does matter that I haven't been on a good long run since before I was pregnant. Who knew? (Well, other than all the warnings on the schedule website that told me not to start training until I was well conditioned) So I am now in the process of training so that I can start training. Good thing I have six months...

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Running a half marathon seemed like a good idea in the beginning. I am not so sure now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whit where did you go to sign up for that. My sister and I are looking for one to do and Vegas would be awesome. What day in January is it? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete