Tuesday, September 15, 2009
The First Night
For those of you who are a little nervous to read on after the post title , imagining that this might be some reminiscent post on wedded bliss, fear not. This post has very little to do with me and Rusty. The time finally came. Avey is just too big for her bassinet next to my bed...and trust me, we pushed it. She had but inches to spare. So night before last we decided it was time to try the crib out for the night. I think it was much harder on me than it was on her, although for her it was no cake walk either. I mean, thinking back on my most comfortable night of sleep it would not include any component of a crib...a hard, extremely flat mattress? No thanks. Bars surrounding me, trying to be disguised by some cute little striped bumper? Definately not. Only a thin, light blanket to cover me so as to avoid suffocation? Not my style. So my first worry as I lay in my bed that night was Avey's comfort level. Turns out, babies don't really mind. My second, third, fourth, fifth...etc worries were the REAL relevant ones. You know like, what if one of these dumb college girls around here can't get married and really wants a baby anyway, and happens to know where Avey's room is? Or what if my dryer spontaneously catches on fire and there happens to be a gas line that runs under the house to Avey's crib? Or what if someone sees the GOBS of money that we have and breaks in and takes Avey as a ransom for our millions of dollars? ....it was a long night. I heard it said once that being a mom is such a sacrifice because it is like you are allowing your heart to exist outside your body...to crawl, walk, run...and dare I say it, sleep in another room. As luck would have it, I had time for a nap yesterday afternoon (thanks to Rusty and Ash) and things looked a little clearer. So, last night was a bit more successful and all I really have to worry about was that one guy that was most likely hiding in Avey's HUGE closet where I couldn't see him when I got a diaper out for her...and the boogie man ( who is not really that photogenic, so I posted pics of Avey's room instead which only got finished thanks to my mommy).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love love the room. I loved your post about having Avey sleep alone. It reminded me of all the times I tried to have you stay the night and you would always go home!lol. I have been talking with Sarah and we are for sure trying to plan a get together so I will keep you posted.
ReplyDeleteYou crack my up.. I remember when we first had tristen sleep in his own room that first night was so long and to make matters worse someone else must have had the same baby monitor as us cause it picked up some random baby crying and I woke up and was getting up but there was a man taking and calming the baby I was freaking out and started hitting michael it was so scary. good luck.
ReplyDelete