We had a really great time this year. We went to the ward trunk-or-treat party. Avey really liked it until she had about 2 pieces of candy in her bucket, then she just wanted to sit down and eat what she had. So we spent most of the night just sitting at our trunk, handing out treats. As you'll soon see, Avey went as an Oregon cheerleader...and what a year for them! Rusty and I decided not to dress up, cause real thugs dress up every day...my neck tat says 'baby mama' in case you can't read it. We searched everywhere for fake tatoos but couldn't find any! So we went to my friend Marnae (who also has a vinyl lettering blog) and had her do some custom vinyl work on my neck...that's how the mormon thugs do it I guess.
We also went to the pumpkin patch this year, but it was pretty cold. We picked a few good pumpkins, but then Rusty spent the whole month of October over in Eugene for training and we just always found other things to do on the weekend besides carving. So our pumpkins sit entirely in tact on our front porch, which I guess just means we get to enjoy them for more of the fall.
Then last night we went out with a group of couples. We just went to Bend, hit up the candy store, went to dinner, got some ice cream and watched the Oregon game. It was a great night! I meant to get a picture of everybody, but I left my camera in my purse...in the car. Oh well.
Tonight we're just looking forward to getting some cute little trick-or-treaters at our house. Rusty and I both grew up living out of town and so have suffered years of neglect from candy-eating munchkins. Happy halloweenis!
Okay...so I started laughing right when I read the title. So funny. So Rusty. Is he home now? I hope so. We totally missed you guys this Halloween. It rained like crazy so you didn't miss much. Except my first attempt at ribs. And yes...they fell off the bone. Don't you wish you lived closer? I do.
ReplyDeleteHey Whit! It's been a long time! Your daughter is grogeous! And how exciting that you are expecting another! I just started a blog it's menacetosociety2011.blogspot.com... I would love to chat sometime!
ReplyDelete